The transportation for the waterfall of Minas Viejas and waterfalls of El Meco in Huasteca Potosina will be handled by Ruta Huasteca Expeditions. We pick you up at the gate of your hotel or in Aldea, in shuttle bus or bus depending on the season. After the activitie we will drop you off, where we picked you up.
Rafting in Huasteca Potosina
Trip to huasteca potosina
Challenge of class III rapids, rafting river Tampaón.
Enjoy a fun descent, rafting down the river in
Huasteca Potosina, in a canyon surrounded by
rocky limestone formations. See the shiny white rocks,
the lush green Huastecan jungle in contrast to the turquoise water
of one of the most scenic rivers in Mexico.You will also get to know
a point of rockformation that will obstruct our passage
of the river, the water continous to flow after these rocks and we will be going over them
the rocks form this surrealistic passage know as:
“Puente de Dios de Santiaguillo”
Rafting San Luis Potosí.
Included in our Huastecan tours:
- Trasportation from your accommodation to the activity and back.
- 1 descent down the river
- 1 energy snack
- 1 complete buffet style meal
- All the equipment needed for the activity
- Specialized guides
- Assurance for medical costs
1,050 MXN $ per individual
- Adjustable sandals, water shoes or tennis shoes that can get wet.
- Shorts or lightweight pants for the activities (no jeans).
- Lycras or shirts preferably not made out of cotton.
- Biodegradable sunblock.
- Repellent for mosquitoes (Autan, Off, etc.)
- Little backpack or handbag for personal articles.
- Personal hygene kit.
- If you have LIKRA pants, these are ideal to avoid ocasional scratches.
- If you use glasses please bring a cord, tape or anything other attach it to your head or you can improvise with a shoelace.
- If you have long hair, please bring something to accommodate it under a helmet.
- Please mark your stuff with something personal, this way we may be able to find something back if you lose it.
- The staff of Ruta Huasteca Expeditions is certified in first aid and have a first-aid kit available, nevertheless, for your own security, we can not give you drugs (medicational term), that is why we recommend to bring your own.
- Be sure to bring a change of clothes, because the mayortiy of activities will get you wet.
- If you come in the winter we will provide you with a paddle jacket, if you have neoprene clothes, please wear them , they are very comftorable for the activities in water. If you cannot aquire any neoprene clothes, we have some available for rent and sale, please contact someone of the office ahead of time.
- If you can bring neoprene clothing, it is very comftorable for the water activities. If you cannot bring them, we have clothes available for rent, please contact us in time at the office of Ruta Huasteca Expeditions.
- If you are alergic to some type of food or require a specific meal, please let us know, we have a typical kosher meal available, with an additional cost and reservation on time.
- Persons with ailment regarding to the vertebral column.
- Persons with heart problems
- Pregnant women.
- Children younger than 6 years old.
- Persosn who recently have been subject to a surgery.
- Persons subjected to become a guide.
- Travel to your place of origin.
- That which is not mentioned in the list of included things.
- Renting of neoprene clothing
- Digital photos of the whole expedition.
- Profesional video of the expedition.
- Sales of souvenirs and uniforms of Ruta Huasteca Expediciones.
Ruta Huasteca Expediciones has the right to modify timetables and also cancel activities for reasons beyond our control ( climate factors, politcal problems, ...) . In these cases the service cost is not reimbursed, however, it is always possible to change the activity when these conditions arise. The order of activities may change for logistical reasons.
In the case of a client that wants to cancel a contracted service, he/she will have to meet the following conditions:
Cancelations 8 days or more before the date of your reservation, applies a charge of 16 % of your deposit made, you may transfer it to another person or postpone the trip in a period not exceeding one year. If cancellation is made 7 days or less before the date of your reservation, no refund applies.
If the participant for reasons not attributed to the company, is not present the day and time of the activity, it is considered as "NO SHOW" and the cost is not refundable.
Ruta Huasteca Expediciones offers an assurance which only applies to cases of accidents that happen during the activities, it does not cover standard regular medical expenses. The assurance applies for people from 6 months old to 69 years old. The policy of the assurance is valuable for 24 hours starting from the beginning of the activity, it is very important that any wound is reported to the guide directly the day of the activity.
The activities in contact with nature are deisgned for beginners and only require nomal physical conditions.
Before the activity, the crew of Ruta Huasteca Expeditions will give you a detailed explanation to answer all your questions.
All the required equipment and matirials will be provided by Ruta Huasteca Expeditions. You only have to bring your own proper clothing for the activity, an extra set of dry clothes and a towel for on our way back.
Halfway of the trip we will provide a momet of rest to hydrate and have a energy bar. Also lateron, we will anjoy a Huastecan buffet.
If your camera is water resistant, you can bring it with you, but always at your own risk and responsibility knowing that there is always a chnace to lose it to the bottom of the river. The staff of Ruta HUasteca Expeditions is not responsible at any moment for the safety of your equipment. Please remember hat we offer the service of digital photography for an extra cost, if you want to buy the photos, please contact our office. It is important to take in account that in the environment and with the activities it is possible to have scratches or worse damage to your equipment, in this case we hope for yuour understanding.
The climate in Huasteca Potosina is warm almost all year round, during winter it ocasionally gets cold, in this case we offer you the service of renting neoprene, which is important to let uw know at least a day before the activity.
In these cases we can offer other activities for those who do not want or cannot participate in the activity of rafting in Huasteca, if they are accommodated in Aldea, they can ask for the services of Temazcal ( sauna) or massages, with the corresponding costs, or they can enjoy the beautiful environment of Aldea Huasteca.
Under normal conditions, the rainfall will not be an obstacle for executing the activity, hower, in the rainy season ( july untill september) it is possible that waterlevel will prevent us from being able to navegate on the river Tampaon. In that case we will go for the river Micos or river El Meco, the activity will be the same, just a change of scenery. In exceptional conditions we will not be able to navigate on any river and we would have to cancel the activity under the right terms and conditions.